- This event has passed.
St. Johns River-To-Sea Loop Summit and Trail Celebration
October 26 - October 28
Come join the St. Johns River-To-Sea Loop for a celebration of Trails October 26th-28th. This 3-day event, planned for DeLand, will feature educational events, a group ride, and more.
The St. Johns River-To-Sea Loop is a 260-mile multi use Florida SUN Trail connecting Titusville, DeBary, Palatka, and St. Augustine, traversing the counties of St. Johns, Flagler, Volusia, Brevard, and Putnam.
Here’s the current planned schedule for the Summit Event:
Thursday, Oct 26, 2017 – Taste of the Loop
Guided Bike-Walk Tour and Dinner
2:30 Meet at Debary Hall Visitors Center and Trailhead for a tour of the historic mansion
3:00 Drive to Green Spring Park and select guided cycling (bring your own bike) or walking tour to explore the park and completed sections of the St. Johns River-to-Sea-Loop
4:00 Stop at the Deltona Community Center on the shores of Lake Monroe
5:00 Rendezvous at the Enterprise Heritage Center for a tour of the historic museum, happy hour and dinner prepared by the Enterprise Preservation Society
Friday Oct 27 – “Fulfilling the Loop’s Promise”
8:30 am – 4:30 pm – Volusia County Kelly Building, 123 W. Indiana Ave., DeLand
- Presentations/Panels/Breakouts/Action Plans
- Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided
- Learn what’s happening County-by-County around the loop
Saturday Oct 28 – Great Pumpkin Ride and Safety Village
9:00 am – 1:00 pm Bill Dreggors Park – 230 N. Stone St., DeLand
- Free helmets by FDOT, R2CTPO
- Safety Training
- Decorate your bike
- Bike Ride to Oakdale Cemetery
Free: Open to general public. Costumes encouraged.
Summit Theme and Purpose
The Summit theme is SYNERGY – the mutually beneficial, reinforcing relationships, that trails bring to individuals and communities
- Active Mobility
- Safe biking and walking – safe routes to trails, parks, schools and shopping
- Multi-modal Connections – SunRail and buses
- Economic Development and Revitalization
- Cycle Tourism – affluent, ecology-conscious visitors
- Healthy, Vibrant Communities
- Healthy, Happy People
- Active Aging
The Summit purpose
- to advance the evolution and image of the Loop
- to raise awareness of the SJR2C Loop Alliance
- to reinforce connections and relationships with communities and organizations
- to increase volunteers, friends and sponsors of the Loop
- to increase awareness of Locally-Resourceful Trail-Oriented Development and revitalization projects such as the Tri-County Agritourism Corridor
Announcing the Summit
We are pleased to announce the first St Johns River-to-Sea Loop Summit and Trail Celebration taking place in beautiful downtown DeLand – recently voted America’s Best Mainstreet! The event will include participation and programs from all five counties around the Loop: Putnam, St Johns, Flagler, Volusia and Brevard. It will take place October 26 through 28 and will be the kick-off event for 2017 FDOT Mobility Week. The Summit theme is SYNERGY – the mutually-beneficial ways trails enable or act as a catalyst for active mobility, safety, community spirit, multi-modal connections, cycle tourism, economic development and health and fitness for all ages. It will include updates on trail construction and the latest news from around the Loop. It will also include updates on trail-oriented development projects such as the Tri-County Agritoursim Corridor now taking shape.
If you are interested in attending or participating in the planning, please click here to complete the interest form. This will get you in the LOOP for planning, get you on the mailing list for the newsletter, and allow you to post comments in our planning forum.