Get up close and personal with Florida scrub jays at Lyonia Preserve and Environmental Learning Center in Deltona. Although a threatened species, Florida scrub jays are curious and friendly birds, not shy about getting a closer view of human visitors. 360-acre restored scrub ecosystem adjacent to the Deltona Regional Library. Features a network of hiking trails, amphitheater, ecology exhibits, classrooms and gift shop.
The Lyonia Environmental Center occupies 4,000 square feet of the Deltona Regional Library complex.
The LEC includes:
- Hands-on displays and innovative computer-based learning modules that showcase the incredible environment around us and the role each person can play in conservation.
- Dr. Alice E. Cross Environmental Classrooms
- Exhibition space
- A visiting scientist’s workroom
- A nature-based gift shop
- Hands on interactive exhibits “See How Sinkholes Are Formed”, “Learn How Gopher Tortoises Stay Cool”, “Hear The Sounds Of A Manatee”.
- An outdoor amphitheater next to the library offers a space for community gatherings and educational instruction.
Educational programs are offered in the classrooms and at the Lyonia Preserve. Learning has never been so much fun!
The Lyonia Environmental Center is open:
Mon-Thurs 9:00 am-5:30 pm
Fri/Sat 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm